The proceedings deal with applying information and communication technology (ICT) into Orthodox Christian religious education at schools.
- The special focus is, how to make to most when implementing the different internet-based applications from a pedagogical perspective connected to Orthodox Christian religious education.
- There are also topics concerning child's spiritual and moral development, catechesis as a part of secularized culture and as tool in congregations.
- Finally, there are presentations covering perspectives of the challenges and visions for religious education in the 21st century.
The contents are in sections.
- The first one is a forum for discussions dealing with the ICT with classroom applications for new pedagogical solutions and practices in Orthodox Christian religious education.
- The second section contains papers concerning the upbringing and nurture of the child or a person in a congregation's or school's educational setting.
The conference gathered together university professors and educators, independent scholars and students from Albania, Finland, Greece, Romania, Russia and the United States.